Pages

Thursday 19 September 2019

Poetry?

Kia ora bloggers,
Today I am going to be posting about POEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Today I made a poem that was the rip off of Pie Corbett's poem THE PLAYGROUND MONSTER.
As a bonus I am going to share an analysis of what poet I think is better(Pie Corbett or Valerie Bloom).

My poem is called The Mega Air Monster
I think my poem is pretty good but that's just my opinion so I want to know what you think.

The Mega Air Monster


It bounced me with its springy claws,
And then it tried to pound me.


It stuck to my skin with it’s foamy clasp,
And then it tried to fight me.


I live in horror of throwing,
The yellow ball that it tries to dodge.


I think it knows I'm rocketing the ball at the face of lightning,
It listens as I hear the low growl emerge.


I fear its greedy power,
The way it seems to use it, as forever i’m the loser so as not to blow the fuze.


The way it reaches out to put me on the side,
And take it as a feed.


It bounced me with its springy claws,
And then it tried to pound me.

It stuck to my skin with it’s foamy clasp,
And then it tried to fight me.

Analysis
Pie corbett He is humorous, and descriptive with quite a few rings to his poems.
He has repetition. He always has a theme. Pie Corbett is an imaginative poet and
I think he is a talented person and he could eventually become an amazing poet.
He is a poet that has a lot of rhythm and it is hard to read his poems if there is no
rhythm. Valerie Bloom She is a unique poet and I think that she will achieve a lot more in the future but
at the moment I think she needs to focus on the other things that she thinks need
improving on. The strategy of Valerie Bloom is one that is very common but effective and
I think that she can use that strategy. She is a very descriptive poet and I think
that she can use her talent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.