Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2019

Winter fun dayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kia ora bloggers!!!,
Today I am going to be posting about WINTER FUNNN DAYY!.
Winter fun day is pretty much just ski day we went to mount hut and then we, well we SKIED!.
We had to be at school to leave at 7.00am!, and then we had to go on a two hour bus drive and all we did was sit there and it was strange because I got up real early but I wasn't tired.
I managed to read for like 25 minutes before feeling a we bit sick, and from then on I was just talking with my friends and trying to get some sleep.

When we got there it didn't feel cold but then soon we felt the cold, before you get to the main bit there is a slope and since I was wearing normal shoes I had to work really hard to get up without sliding back down.

When we were settled in we had morning tea but I wasn't hungry so I just ate a piece of muesli slice. After about half an hour the teachers gave us cards and then we went to get our gear fitted.

Once we had our gear we were allowed to go for a small ski just up and down the Magic Carpet until our lesson came around.
When our lessons were ready there were three groups there was the beginners the middle and the SEMI PRO'S. I went in the beginners group ever though I could have been in the middle group.
My ski instructor's name was Steve.

The lesson was easy but it's not like i'm going skiing any time soon.
After the lesson we could do anything we wanted, first I went on the magic carpet witch is the easiest.
Eventually I went on the chairlift witch I didn't know I could go on, I went on it with my three best friends, it took a long time.
My friend Kade who was the one we needed for the chairlift, (because he had been on before)
was explaining what to do at the end.
Since there were four of us it was messy when it was time to get off, Kade was fine because he's good, but my friend corbin was good for a couple metres however me and my friend toby went horrible, I fell off and face planted in the snow, and he didn't even get off!.

When it was time to leave I headed back and had some more food and then we were off.
The bus ride was long but not as long because we were going downhill, and I fell asleep.









3 comments:

  1. Hello Rhys, it's me Parwin!

    WOW! You have written a lot about Winter Fun Day but I guess there was a lot to write about because it was an amazing and fun day! I know for a fact that I had loads of fun! And I'm guessing you did too!

    This reminds me of 2 thins, when I first went down the mountain with 3 students along with Mr Mathews. The reason why this reminds me of that is because when I slipped and fell, one of them bumped into the snow and basically did a flip but face planted which made me laugh. And also because we sort of did this little thing where for lunch, we bought food to share which was also delicious!

    I think that you did a great job over all and you should keep what you are doing because you did an amazing job! Maybe you could present everything on something like flipsnack or maybe google slides and make it so that it's sort of like a picture book.

    Awesome work!



    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Parwin!,
    Thanks for the comment Parwin.
    It is a really good comment and I don't get many comments so thanks.
    I will definitely put my photos into a google slide of something like that next time I do a blog post.

    Thanks for the feedback
    Sincerely
    Rhys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,
    It's Rhys(obviously)
    Anyway about the time you went skiing with Mr. Mathew sounds really cool, that faceplant thing seems like it was really good.

    Thanks again
    Rhys

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.