Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2018

The sailing trip

Hi, guys and girls,
On friday 2/11/18
Me and my class went sailing it was aaaaawesome I was a shore man though
(shore man: someone that stays on shoe to help the boats when they come in or go out)
I loved being a shore man.

My work:Me and toby                            The sailing trip
Friday 2/11/18 It was sailing day!
9.30am
A motorbike was coming to a stop my grandad's motorbike with me in the side-cart. We walked down to the lake I laid my bag down on the tarpaulin when I woke up I was nervous but now putting my bag down I was chill. I went to sit down with the other kids in my class.

After the instructors introduced themselves, One of them showed us how to put a boat together. Then we got in pairs(some of us had three people) and we had to collect the things we needed to put a boat together!.
Me and toby had my grandad and he is a pro sailer so were the first to finish setting up the sail boat. Then my grandad went to help another group. Once everybody had made up their boat we went over to a shaded spot about a two minute walk from all our stuff.

Two of the instructors had a motor boat each and they bought five boats over. One of them was the one me and Toby made and the first person to go in a sailboat was Zach, and he went in mine and Toby’s.
Most of the time I was a shore man and I helped bring the boats in and I would have to pull the rudder up and the center board. Then when someone went out I would have to push the rudder down and I would have to tell the person in the boat to push the centre board down.

I only had one go on one of them but I was fine with that because I liked helping as a shore man. One of the instructors were with me the whole time and then Mrs taylor and Mrs stratton where shore men on the other side of the part boats came in.
Once when Toby went out there where a few more people, and boom the hard wind crashed through the boats it was as strong as a ten foot monster. People still didn’t care though it just made them more happy because the more wind the faster they go!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.